ASCON Group has pre-announced the next major release of its mechanical CAD design system, KOMPAS-3D V13. This considerably improved and extended version of the software is scheduled to be launched in autumn, 2011.
KOMPAS-3D V13 creates professional, powerful, and cost-effective parametric 3D models and 2D designs. In addition to creating precise 3D models, it establishes a complete digital description of the product's information model. Furthermore, it analyzes models, and prepares them for production, where the data can be passed on to manufacturing design systems and CAM programs.
New in KOMPAS-3D V13
KOMPAS-3D V13 includes many updates and new features that are intended to increase the efficiency, quality, and speed of the design process. Among the improvements are the following:
Extensively improved user interface
New features for surface modeling
Extended capabilities for sheet-metal design
Automatic ballooning for BOMs
“Pack and Go” tool for easier and faster collaboration
Welding symbols for 2D drawings
Undo and redo for actions in 3D
Properties reports on the graphical content of documents
Built-in applications for FEM analysis and mold design, as an option
The new version greatly extends the ability to work with 3D curves in particular, which are used as the basis for surface models. New commands handle surface construction and perform surfaces analyses. These innovations allow designers to apply new design methodologies, as well as to simplify the workflow and improve the performance.
Discount for New Customers; Free Upgrade for V12 Customers
In today’s world, it is especially important to stay competitive while keeping down expenses. Don’t miss the opportunity to obtain a fully functional MCAD system at a significant discount. Until the new version is released this autumn, KOMPAS-3D V12 can be purchased at a discount of 25% off its regular price. In addition, new customers benefit by receiving the update to KOMPAS-3D V13 free, as well as one year of technical support and online CAD training at no charge.
All current customers of KOMPAS-3D V12 will be upgraded to the new version at no charge.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012