As the DoD reallocates spending, it is clear that traditional product and capability development must adapt to support the warfighter at current levels using fewer resources.
Warfighter capability requirements rapidly change and support organizations must be equipped to respond with agility and accuracy. Advances in modeling and simulation provide researchers, test directors, and engineering managers with the tools to create necessary technology at a reduced cost and in a shorter timeframe.
ANSYS, Inc. offers these tools by developing, marketing, and supporting engineering simulation software used to predict how product designs will operate and how manufacturing processes will behave in real-world environments.
In order to address this timely issue, ANSYS, will sponsor IDGA’s Engineering Simulation for Military Technology Summit. The Summit will present best practices from forward thinking organizations along with technology and processes to improve the speed of capability development from research to fielding.
During the main summit, Robert Harwood, Ph.D., Aerospace and Defense Industry Director of ANSYS, will discuss the Impact of Engineering Simulation of Research, Development, Test and Engineering.
Other key leaders include:
Mr. Russell Howard, SES, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Air Force Materiel Command
Col William Cooley, USAF, Materiel Wing Director, Space Vehicles, Commander, Philips Research Site, Air Force Research Laboratory
Dr. James Elele, Branch Head, BMVV (188.8.131.52), M&S IPT Lead, T&E, PMA-261, Battlespace M&S Division, NAVAIR
William Urschel, Chief Architect, Aeronautical Systems Center, Air Force Materiel Command
Mr. Scott Alexander, Director, Modeling and Simulation Program, Missile Defense Agency
Jun 26, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation