PARTsolutions : LLC, a global provider of 3D part catalogs for manufacturers and enterprises, and wheel and caster manufacturer Albion Industries Inc : ., today announce they have furthered their long-standing partnership. Albion Industries has embedded the PARTsolutions 3D sales configurator solution directly into its newly designed website, enabling customers to search for parts in 2D, 3D and CAD with greater ease and efficiency, while allowing Albion to capitalize on increased leads. Click here : to see the website in action.
Albion first implemented PARTcatalog : ™ from PARTsolutions in 2004 in order to web-enable its line of industrial and institutional wheels and casters. As of April 1, 2011, the company launched a fully redesigned website that empowers Albion's customers -- including automotive, aerospace and industrial companies -- to search, access, download and configure orderable products anytime. During the month of April, these enhanced capabilities resulted in a 110 percent increase in downloads.
"We recognized the need for our customers to more quickly and easily find, configure and download our products," said Eric Nicholson, Marketing and National Accounts Manager, Albion Industries. "Enabling this functionality not only improves the design experience for our customers, it also frees up significant resources internally at Albion, all while increasing the likelihood that customers will select and specify our casters and wheels into their prototype designs."
Previously, Albion's customers had to know exactly which part they needed when on the Albion website. Once they identified the right product, they would then have to go to the PARTsolutions website to download the part. Today, they don't have to know exactly what they need. Rather, they can use specific criteria -- such as height and material -- to search in 2D, 3D and CAD directly on the Albion website. The sales team receives real-time notification of downloads and print requests, enabling them to provide timely follow up and ultimately, to increase sales.
"Albion Industries has become one of the most recognized names in the material handling industry because the company does much more than just sell wheels and casters," said Rob Zesch, President of PARTsolutions. "The company is known for delivering custom-engineered, reliable solutions for the most challenging material handling problems. Combining its leading manufacturing techniques with 3D part catalog technology is another example of the company's commitment to innovation and customer service."
Currently, Albion has web-enabled 6,700 caster and wheel products and that will continue to grow substantially in the coming months.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets