SUNNYVALE — Trimble announced today that the Ziegler Group has selected the Trimble® CarCube® fleet management system for its fleet of 2,000 heavy goods vehicles across Europe.
CarCube is a comprehensive fleet management solution that offers a suite of features designed to improve efficiency and communication between fleet operators and their drivers. Features include driver identification; navigation capabilities; task planning and status reporting; trailer identification and verification; journey time assistance to comply with European Union regulations for drivers; integrated Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMRs) transportation documentation scanning; Fleet Management System (FMS) data capabilities such as fuel consumption, speed, engine revs, braking, cruise control, engine temperature and many others; and two-way driver data communications via an easy-to-use touch screen computer installed in the cab.
"As a freight forwarder operating in European markets, we needed an advanced international fleet management solution and service. CarCube meets all of our requirements," said Daniel Verschelde, European information systems director at the Ziegler Group. "The Trimble CarCube is very easy to use, which is essential to help ensure acceptance of the tool by our drivers. The solution is also adaptable. For example, during the field trial we selected the option of installing an on-board scanner to allow CMRs to be transmitted immediately if drivers faced any issues with deliveries. Finally, we measured the ease with which CarCube could be integrated with our internal transport planning applications."
"Ziegler was impressed by CarCube's adaptability and ease of use as well as the amount of useful information that the solution can provide both to the fleet team and its drivers," said Fabien Dusserre, manager of Trimble Transport, France. "CarCube can provide Ziegler's fleet management operations with a platform to reduce costs, lower fuel consumption, meet compliance requirements and improve productivity."
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers