SUNNYVALE — Trimble announced today that the Ziegler Group has selected the Trimble® CarCube® fleet management system for its fleet of 2,000 heavy goods vehicles across Europe.
CarCube is a comprehensive fleet management solution that offers a suite of features designed to improve efficiency and communication between fleet operators and their drivers. Features include driver identification; navigation capabilities; task planning and status reporting; trailer identification and verification; journey time assistance to comply with European Union regulations for drivers; integrated Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMRs) transportation documentation scanning; Fleet Management System (FMS) data capabilities such as fuel consumption, speed, engine revs, braking, cruise control, engine temperature and many others; and two-way driver data communications via an easy-to-use touch screen computer installed in the cab.
"As a freight forwarder operating in European markets, we needed an advanced international fleet management solution and service. CarCube meets all of our requirements," said Daniel Verschelde, European information systems director at the Ziegler Group. "The Trimble CarCube is very easy to use, which is essential to help ensure acceptance of the tool by our drivers. The solution is also adaptable. For example, during the field trial we selected the option of installing an on-board scanner to allow CMRs to be transmitted immediately if drivers faced any issues with deliveries. Finally, we measured the ease with which CarCube could be integrated with our internal transport planning applications."
"Ziegler was impressed by CarCube's adaptability and ease of use as well as the amount of useful information that the solution can provide both to the fleet team and its drivers," said Fabien Dusserre, manager of Trimble Transport, France. "CarCube can provide Ziegler's fleet management operations with a platform to reduce costs, lower fuel consumption, meet compliance requirements and improve productivity."
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments