Tim Thomas to Provide Insights on Standardizing Parts across a Global Supply Chain.
Milford, OH – Tim Thomas, CEO of PARTsolutions LLC, a global provider of 3D part catalogs for manufacturers and enterprises, will be featured speaker at the Collaboration & Interoperability Congress from May 23-25, 2011 at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center in Denver. The two and a half day international conference provides a unique opportunity for design, engineering and manufacturing professionals to interact, learn and share experiences in interoperability and collaboration with 3D data.
Mr. Thomas will present “Purchineering: Bringing Together What Belongs Together” at 10 am on Wed., May 25 in Auditorium 2. In this session, he’ll describe why standardizing parts across a global supply chain is a strategic imperative. He will also outline solutions for managing commercial part catalogs throughout the lifecycle -- even within the most complex design environments with multiple CAD and PDM systems.
More specifically, attendees will learn:
• Reuse of current standard and Supplier parts through leveraging your investment in PLM and interoperable CAD systems
• How part catalog management provides stability to any PLM environment
• Value-driven Purchasing by bringing Engineering and Purchasing Teams together
• Review of The Boeing Company’s use of cataloging technology: A Case Study
The Collaboration & Interoperability Congress brings together experts and executive decision makers from automotive, aerospace, heavy equipment, electronics and other discrete manufacturing industries, along with representatives from government and the defense community.
Attendees take part in a diverse choice of breakout sessions and lively panel discussions offering direct interaction with industry experts who deeply understand issues, solutions, perils and pitfalls. In addition, ample networking time is provided to discuss specific topics with colleagues and experts in the field.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets