Tim Thomas to Provide Insights on Standardizing Parts across a Global Supply Chain.
Milford, OH – Tim Thomas, CEO of PARTsolutions LLC, a global provider of 3D part catalogs for manufacturers and enterprises, will be featured speaker at the Collaboration & Interoperability Congress from May 23-25, 2011 at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center in Denver. The two and a half day international conference provides a unique opportunity for design, engineering and manufacturing professionals to interact, learn and share experiences in interoperability and collaboration with 3D data.
Mr. Thomas will present “Purchineering: Bringing Together What Belongs Together” at 10 am on Wed., May 25 in Auditorium 2. In this session, he’ll describe why standardizing parts across a global supply chain is a strategic imperative. He will also outline solutions for managing commercial part catalogs throughout the lifecycle -- even within the most complex design environments with multiple CAD and PDM systems.
More specifically, attendees will learn:
• Reuse of current standard and Supplier parts through leveraging your investment in PLM and interoperable CAD systems
• How part catalog management provides stability to any PLM environment
• Value-driven Purchasing by bringing Engineering and Purchasing Teams together
• Review of The Boeing Company’s use of cataloging technology: A Case Study
The Collaboration & Interoperability Congress brings together experts and executive decision makers from automotive, aerospace, heavy equipment, electronics and other discrete manufacturing industries, along with representatives from government and the defense community.
Attendees take part in a diverse choice of breakout sessions and lively panel discussions offering direct interaction with industry experts who deeply understand issues, solutions, perils and pitfalls. In addition, ample networking time is provided to discuss specific topics with colleagues and experts in the field.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel