NEEDHAM, Mass - PTC, The Product Development Company®, today announced the appointment of Renato "Ron" Zambonini to its Board of Directors. The appointment of Zambonini as an independent director expands PTC's Board to seven members.
"Ron Zambonini is a technology industry veteran who brings a wealth of software experience to PTC," said James E. Heppelmann, president and CEO, PTC. "Throughout his distinguished career, Ron has successfully contributed to the growth and transformation of leading companies. We are pleased to have him on our board as PTC continues along the path of delivering increasing value to its customers, shareholders, and employees."
Zambonini is the former chairman, as well as president and CEO, of Cognos, where he also served in senior research and development positions. During his 19-year tenure with Cognos, Zambonini was credited with leading the company's transformation from a specialized business intelligence software tools provider to a global leader in corporate performance management solutions.
"Over the years, PTC has consistently proven itself to be a visionary in its industry," noted Zambonini. "Its leading-edge product lifecycle management solutions are helping manufacturers overcome increasingly complex product development challenges and, with its new Creo strategy, the company is poised to revolutionize the product design market once again. I look forward to helping PTC capitalize on its tremendous market opportunities."
Earlier in his career, Zambonini was vice president of research and development at Cullinet Software, Inc. Prior to that, he was general manager for Applied Development Corporation and also held positions at Warrington Inc. and Comtech Group International. Zambonini currently serves on the Board of CA Technologies, Inc. and was previously a director at Reynolds and Reynolds Inc., the world's largest software company servicing automotive dealerships.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012