OPEN MIND is investing in the development of a proprietary CAD platform. The CAM specialist has decided to launch its own CAD solution, specifically designed for CAM machining. The software release is planned for early 2013.
“CAD and CAM are very closely related, as CAM programming is based on digital models. The better this data is prepared in CAD, the better the programs and machining results will be,” says Dr Josef Koch, Head of Development at OPEN MIND.
OPEN MIND Technologies AG has assembled a team of CAD experts to push forward the development of a proprietary CAD platform. Their goal, set for late 2012, is to create a CAD platform that is specifically designed for the hyperMILL® CAM solution and will provide the following functions:
Importing of models from a range of existing CAD systems
Targeted optimisation of models for improved NC programs and milling results
Designing of elements such as holders etc. during job preparation
The new platform will be fully compatible with OPEN MIND’s hyperCAD® software. OPEN MIND’s existing integrations SolidWorks® and Autodesk® Inventor® will continue to be supported, and will allow the hyperMILL® customers to choose from a wide range of CAD solutions.
In hyperMILL®, OPEN MIND has developed one of the leading CAM systems and is particularly renowned for its 5axis machining strategies. Providing a CNC machine with an optimal description of the model of the workpiece to be machined is a fine art and requires in-depth CAD expertise. This is what OPEN MIND is aiming for with its new CAD platform.
“For a long time now, we have been dealing with our customers’ requirements in terms of the CAM software, but also in terms of the models used for CAM programming,” says Volker Nesenhöner, CEO at OPEN MIND. “We have decided to create a proprietary solution in order to address these requirements and to provide our customers with a powerful, easy-to-use CAD tool for the design stage and focused to support the manufacturing requirements. This is in keeping with our corporate philosophy, which is to develop all our core technologies ourselves.”
May 25, 2011
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel