Columbia, Maryland — Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. extends congratulations to Colin Chauche, winner of the iSquint Student Design Competition. Chauche is a senior at SUNY (State University of New York) Fredonia where he will graduate with a BFA in theatrical production and design with a concentration in lighting design. As winner of the competition, he will receive a professional license of the 2011 version of Vectorworks® Spotlight with Renderworks® software, as well as a personal license of Lightwright™ 5 and a single license of Field Template SoftSymbols V3.
Chauche's winning design was from The Sound of Music by Rodgers and Hammerstein production at SUNY Fredonia. "The lighting design concept provide by Colin gave me a clear understanding of his choice of colors and fixtures that were used in the design," said Kevin Linzey, a lighting-industry expert from Nemetschek Vectorworks and a judge in the competition. "The renderings were fantastic. They distinctly represented his desired look for each scene. The plot was well laid out on the printed page and well organized."
The designs were evaluated by a panel of judges that included Linzey, as well as industry experts Justin Lang from competition sponsor iSquint.net, John McKernon from Lightwright Lighting Design, Steve Shelley from Field Template and Gregg Hillmar, author of Light Plot Deconstructed.
"I'm very thankful to all the supporters and iSquint for putting together this contest to give students like myself the opportunity to not only showcase a bit of their skills, but also have that work rewarded with tools they need to go out in to the real world," said Chauche, who will be the lighting design intern next year at the Playhouse on the Square in Memphis, Tenn.
iSquint.net covers new technologies and services within the entertainment-lighting industry. iSquint specifically covers new and interesting products that working professionals, students and enthusiasts in the industry want to know about. iSquint also provides reviews and greater understanding of lighting products by talking with industry professionals and testing out and reviewing lighting gear.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel