Munich : Nemetschek AG, Europe's largest provider of software for architecture and construction, is strengthening its internet competence and paving the way for business with IT services from the cloud: May 1, 2011, Karin Sondermann (49) took up the newly created position “Head of Cloud Strategy” in the company. In this role, she will lead Nemetschek AG's web team, support the subsidiaries in their online initiatives and in future will also develop new cloud services across the company for the construction industry.
Karin Sondermann has many years' experience as an IT consultant and most recently was responsible for the cloud services business at Microsoft Deutschland GmbH, focusing on the application platform Windows Azure. Before this, she was, among other things, Business Development Manager at integration technology provider BEA Systems. Karin Sondermann is a member of the editorial team of the German IT association BITKOM for the subject of cloud computing and is co-author of various guidelines.
"We are delighted to have found such an experienced person for this task," stated Ernst Homolka, CEO of Nemetschek AG. "The trend towards cloud computing is unstoppable, and we see this as a great opportunity for future growth."
Cloud computing, the central trend in the IT industry, relates to the location- and device-independent use of IT services via the "cloud". This enables existing software programs to be made available and flexibly used over the internet (some Nemetschek products have recently been made available as online versions). The cloud also allows software to be modularized and thus enables new business services to be offered for new customer groups. Besides it provides a way of linking up all those involved in a construction project more closely, thereby making the construction process far more efficient.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments