Tolland, CT – Mastercam X5 for SolidWorks, which was recently awarded Certified Gold Partner status, is a CAM application that fully integrated into SolidWorks. Users can program parts directly in SolidWorks using Mastercam’s industry-leading toolpaths and machining strategies.
Mastercam for SolidWorks provides a full suite of cutting strategies, including Feature Based Machining (FBM) and 3D High Speed Machining (HSM) toolpaths. Mastercam for SolidWorks also delivers powerful automated cleanup toolpaths that complete parts faster, with little or no handwork.
Benefitting both the Mastercam and SolidWorks communities, Mastercam for SolidWorks provides familiar, shop-tested parameter screens and processes, including a machining tree for quick access to any point in the machining process.
Besides conventional 2D programming, such as pocketing and contouring, Mastercam for SolidWorks offers a range of high-power machining functions:
- Dynamic Milling creates an active toolpath with more consistent cutting conditions and use of the entire tool flute length.
- High Speed Machining delivers faster turnaround and a superior finish.
- Peel Milling assures efficient constant climb milling between two selected contours or along a single contour. When cutting hardened material, the peel mill toolpath uses the full flute cutter depth and avoids many shallow cuts.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets