Tolland, CT – Mastercam X5 for SolidWorks, which was recently awarded Certified Gold Partner status, is a CAM application that fully integrated into SolidWorks. Users can program parts directly in SolidWorks using Mastercam’s industry-leading toolpaths and machining strategies.
Mastercam for SolidWorks provides a full suite of cutting strategies, including Feature Based Machining (FBM) and 3D High Speed Machining (HSM) toolpaths. Mastercam for SolidWorks also delivers powerful automated cleanup toolpaths that complete parts faster, with little or no handwork.
Benefitting both the Mastercam and SolidWorks communities, Mastercam for SolidWorks provides familiar, shop-tested parameter screens and processes, including a machining tree for quick access to any point in the machining process.
Besides conventional 2D programming, such as pocketing and contouring, Mastercam for SolidWorks offers a range of high-power machining functions:
- Dynamic Milling creates an active toolpath with more consistent cutting conditions and use of the entire tool flute length.
- High Speed Machining delivers faster turnaround and a superior finish.
- Peel Milling assures efficient constant climb milling between two selected contours or along a single contour. When cutting hardened material, the peel mill toolpath uses the full flute cutter depth and avoids many shallow cuts.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel