New feature supports analysis of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
Mumbai: Geometric Limited today announced the release of version 3.0 of DFMPro for Creo Elements/Pro®.
Designers working with assemblies have to repeatedly check clearances between sets of components, which can be extremely difficult and time consuming. Users not only need global clearances but also require clearance checks between specific component pairs. A lot of time is spent in performing such clearance checks and again in reviews to reduce possibilities of human errors.
The new release of DFMPro helps to define the clearance requirements as rules which can be easily specified for individual as well as a set of components. Checking of complex assemblies becomes easy at just a click of a button. The analysis results can also be exported and shared with other users. This drastically reduces checking time from days to hours and ensure adherence to nominal clearance specifications.
“Many of our industrial, consumer electronics, automotive, heavy engineering and aerospace customers have stated their requirements for checking specific clearances between various components. It is important to maintain minimum clearance between components or parts during assembly to meet high temperature, high voltage and other such operating conditions. DFMPro helps to easily specify clearance requirements around capacitors, between heat sinks and casings, from harnesses to nearby components and many others”, said Rahul Rajadhyaksha, Product Manager DFMPro.
Another new feature is the hole-alignment check. This is a simple yet powerful functionality, as checking hole-alignment visually is a tedious process.
DFMPro automates manufacturability checks which help design and manufacturing engineers validate the design quickly. It assists identification of design areas which are difficult, expensive or impossible to manufacture, assemble and service. It works on principle of ‘Right First Time’ by validating manufacturability guidelines right at the design stage. These guidelines can be easily configured as per organizational requirements in form of rules. It facilitates a collaborative design environment by generating reports which are compact and easy to share.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012