Building on the Flowmaster V7 platform to offer simulation engineers increased functionality.
Building on the performance of V7, the features developed for Flowmaster V7.8 are based on extensive customer feedback and have been designed to provide users with accurate and comprehensive software for simulating complex fluid networks, improving accuracy and reducing costs.
Developed with a particular focus on large plant and piping operations, Flowmaster V7.8 boasts new functionality including data wizards for Pipe Roughness and Pipe Schedules, Additional Heat Transfer Options for Multiple Pipe Layers, Flow Coefficient Curve Creator, and new Heat Exchangers. This release also sees the first phase in new simulations options with the arrival of the Rigorous Energy Balance Solver. In addition two new Import Tools are available, one for 3D CAD Piping and a second for GIS; both helping to reduce time and errors when using data from other modelling tools.
The improved functionality in the data wizards eliminates the need for assumptions as users are now able to input pipe roughness values for type and condition such as deterioration due to deposits, erosion, corrosion, bacterial slimes and growths, and marine and fresh water fouling. Important also to gas, oil, process, power generation and shipbuilding is the need to have readily available pipes defined by the standard ANSI/ASME pipe schedules. Flowmaser V7.8 also incorporates a new data wizard that allows users to set pipe schedule specifications to calculate and populate pipe data such as diameter, material type, and wall thickness reducing the need to spend time pre-processing data and thus reducing the risk of introducing human error.
“Customer research played a tremendous role in the development of Flowmaster V7.8. We spoke with many of our customers to identify what their needs are, and determine the features and functionalities most important to them,” Dr Alan Moore, Research and Development Director, “The result is that Flowmaster V7.8 offers some of the most advanced technology ever seen in the system CFD market coupled with intuitive user-friendly features and functionality.”
Amongst the new features, improvements have also been made to the usability of the software with the addition of charting enhancements, project enhancements and a results data browser.
May 11, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel