FE-DESIGN has announced a new version of TOSCA Fluid. This new version 2.2.0 of the modular system for topology optimization of channel flow problems now also includes a full support of STAR-CCM+ CFD Solver (Versions 5 and 6). This important functional enhancement enables users of the high-performance CFD technology CCM+ to benefit from the efficient optimization strategies for channel flows provided by TOSCA Fluid.
Additional new features and enhancements will cover, among others, higher usability with improved graphical user interface (GUI) and enhanced logging and error handling, simplified licensing setup and an improved mechanism for treating mesh interfaces. A new, advanced STL format support including multiple face zones facilitates fast and seamless refeed of optimization results into the original CFD setup, allowing easy set-up of automatic validation runs.
A new, improved smoothing algorithm has been added to prevent shrinkage of the result surfaces during the smoothing process (available for optional selection in the GUI).
ANSYS FLUENT support has been upgraded to version 12.1.4. Support for STAR-CD will be discontinued with the next major release version of TOSCA Fluid.
With your existing TOSCA Fluid 2.1.0 licence you can check out the new feature today. Just download the installation files from myFED.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio