Siemens Extends PLM Software Support for Daimler AG - Migration to Siemens PLM Software’s NX to be Complete by End of 2015 for Passenger Cars and by End of 2016 for Trucks.
STUTTGART - Siemens PLM Software today announced that Daimler AG has extended its commitment to Siemens PLM Software and its products for total of 10 years and has pledged to an extensive rollout for the replacement of its current computer-aided design (CAD) environment with NX™ software, one of the world’s leading solutions for digital product development. Daimler’s NX deployment for passenger cars will be complete by the end of 2015 and for trucks by the end of 2016 – the most rapid implementation/switch possible.
As part of the worldwide 10-year agreement, Daimler AG will begin using Siemens PLM Software’s technology in its first vehicle series beginning in 2012. Siemens PLM Software will begin enabling Daimler’s vast network of suppliers beginning July 2011 Daimler’s objective is to further improve the support of its business processes by implementing a seamlessly integrated CAD suite.
"Daimler’s clear commitment and implementation plan for NX highlights the enhanced strategic relationship we initially announced in November 2010 and underscores the long-term relationship that we’re both looking for in this union,” said Chuck Grindstaff, president and chief technology officer, Siemens PLM Software. “The growing complexity of vehicle design and development has forced numerous automotive companies to evaluate the systems currently in place to ensure they are using best-in-class technology – Daimler is no exception.”
Siemens PLM Software has a successful relationship with Daimler through its existing Teamcenter® software implementation. Following an extensive evaluation, Daimler made the decision to continue using Teamcenter as its standard for product data management and PLM, and to also migrate from its current CAD technology to NX.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers