Delcam’s Sales Partner in Bulgaria, DiTra, held its most successful user meeting to date last month in Plovdiv, one of the country’s main industrial regions. Three years ago, there were only twelve attendees at the meeting; this year’s event attracted more than 60 delegates. This total included ten delegates from Macedonia, where DiTra also represents Delcam.
This higher number reflected the increase in sales of Delcam’s CAM software in the country as it continues to recover from the global downturn. Over the opening months of this year, Delcam’s sales in Bulgaria have increased by more than 50% from the same period in 2010.
As with all Delcam user meetings, the Bulgarian event included demonstration of the latest versions of the Advanced Manufacturing programs, PowerSHAPE for product and tooling design, PowerMILL for high-speed and five-axis machining, FeatureCAM for feature-based programming, and PowerINSPECT for inspection. The Delcam for SolidWorks integrated CAM program also attracted considerable interest, although this was little surprise since DiTra is Bulgaria’s leading reseller of SolidWorks.
The meeting also included presentations from Elprom Harmanli, a manufacturer of electric motors, on the company’s use of FeatureCAM, and from DiTra’s technical partners Bulmakmetal, Polymeta and ESD, respectively the Bulgarian representatives for Okuma, DMG and Heidenhein.
DiTra was founded in 1990 to improve its customer’s performance through the implementation of leading engineering technology. It has been a Delcam Sales Partner since 2005. As well as supporting the CADCAM needs of Bulgaria’s manufacturing companies, DiTra has supplied software to all of the country’s technical universities.
May 11, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program