Delcam will demonstrate how its ArtCAM JewelSmith software for artistic CADCAM allows jewelers, pewter-smiths, silversmiths and goldsmiths to create highly-crafted custom pieces or complete lines on booth B6682 at JCK Las Vegas, at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Convention Center from 3rd to the 7th June.
In the latest release, a great deal of technology from Delcam’s industry-leading CAM system, PowerMILL, has been incorporated into ArtCAM JewelSmith to give even faster calculation times. Before the toolpaths are sent to the machine, the artist can check the appearance of the resulting piece using ArtCAM’s new and improved toolpath simulation. This gives the designer the opportunity to alter their calculations prior to machining, saving both time and money.
To suit individual methods of working, ArtCAM gives users the freedom to customize and save their preferred interface layout. This enables every user to set up the software to give quicker access to the commands that they use most frequently. Similarly, commands that are rarely used can be hidden from the initial menu choices.
The software comes with a library of clip-art that new customers can use to create their first models. All these examples can be scaled or combined to give initial designs ready for machining. In addition, designs can be imported in DXF, DWG, AI and EPS 2D formats, plus designs from Alias Wavefront, 3D Studio and other members of the ArtCAM family.
For users that prefer to create their own designs, the software includes a range of drawing tools for creating both geometric and free-form shapes, and also for editing and repairing imported 2D files. The options for text creation support a wide range of standard fonts and also give complete control over spacing, kerning, and line and paragraph formatting. This makes it very convenient for jewelers creating school rings or adding personal sentiments to their customer’s piece.
To help visualize the design, ArtCAM offers rendering in numerous materials, including gold and platinum. Jewelry pieces can be assembled on screen, with the gems set in place, assigned materials to the various parts of the jewelry piece, then moved and rotated within a fully reflective environment. If clients are not available for onsite viewing of finished designs, realistic images can be sent to the customer for final approval in a rotatable 3D pdf.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers