Delcam has launched a multi-lingual learning zone for the 2011 version of its PowerMILL CAM system for five-axis and high-speed machining. This includes full details on the new release, including What’s-New videos from expert Application Engineers and customer testimonials. The learning zone can be found at www.delcam.tv/PM2011/lz.
The languages included on the learning zone reflect the range of languages in which PowerMILL is available. These are English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish and Czech. The site also includes links to Delcam’s international reseller network so that visitors can contact their local representative for further information or to request an evaluation copy.
PowerMILL 2011 takes full advantage of all the recent hardware developments to give exceptionally fast calculation times. It incorporates support for 64-bit computers, so allowing more efficient toolpath generation, especially for companies machining large or complex parts. It also offers background processing, with multi-threading technologies applied to both the foreground and background calculations simultaneously. This unique combination of these two developments is estimated to reduce calculation times by up to 25%.
The 2011 release of PowerMILL makes the programming of fast yet safe toolpaths easier than ever thanks to new stock-model-engagement options that protect both the cutting tool and the machine from excessive loading. Other enhancements include new editing capabilities to simplify the machining of duplicate items; more versatile control of feed-rates for leads and links; and extra functionality for sketching, plus the completion of the move to the new clearer forms for the complete range of strategies.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012