Cimatron Technologies Inc., a subsidiary of Cimatron Limited (NASDAQ and TASE: CIMT), announced today that it will preview enhancements to 5-Axis machining in the latest version of CimatronE at the Eastec trade show.
CimatronE is a CAD/CAM software solution for mold, tool and die makers as well as manufacturers of discrete parts. The latest version of CimatronE, to be released later this year, includes enhancements to all aspects of the solution. Enhancements to 5-axis capabilities will enable users to achieve a higher surface quality and shorten machining times.
Tool makers can achieve a higher surface quality with new improvements to CimatronE’s touch of a button Tilting strategy, which now automatically creates smoother machine motions that also ensure a longer tool life.
The Tilting strategy offers easy-to-program simultaneous milling, which is especially suitable for robust machining of parts with deep cavities, narrow ribs and tiny corner radiuses, using shorter and more rigid tools to achieve the best surface quality and reduce machining time.
CimatronE also offers a new, easy-to-program Swarf Milling strategy for ruled surfaces (surfaces defined by a line driven along two curves). This is the second of two swarf milling strategies available in CimatronE; swarfing increases surface smoothness and shortens machining time by cutting with the side of the tool, rather than with the tip.
Additionally, CimatronE’s powerful Automatic Stock Tracing is now available for 5-axis position milling of every kind. This not only ensures a safe toolpath but also increases productivity by eliminating unnecessary air motions.
The Background Calculations capability, which allows users to continue working on a project as usual while toolpath calculations are processed in the background, will also be previewed at Eastec. To further shorten NC programming time, Cimatron will offer the SuperBox, a combined hardware/software solution that greatly reduces the load on individual workstations, while increasing NC calculation speed to instantly boost NC productivity.
The Eastec trade show will take place May 17-19, 2011 in W Springfield, MA, USA. Cimatron’s booth number is 5437.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting