CD-adapco has announced that Building System and Diagnostics Pte Ltd (BSD) has adopted STAR-CCM+ for its ventilation and airflow analysis for building designs.
Today, many building design companies use simulation in areas ranging from architectural rendering to engineering data analysis in order to ensure plans offer a safe, comfortable environment for occupants in the most energy efficient manner possible. For years, CD-adapco has assisted companies with applications in building and environmental flows including ventilation, indoor air quality, HVAC, pedestrian comfort, thermal comfort, solar and thermal radiation, complex glazing, wind loading, and fire and smoke. BSD, a pioneering building consultancy company in the field of building performance simulations for city planning, architectural and building design in Singapore, has decided to implement STAR-CCM+ into its building design process.
“STAR-CCM+ suits our requirements due to its robustness, ease of use and its ability to handle complex geometry that we normally encounter in today’s building designs. The support that CD-adapco’s Singapore office provided sealed the collaboration.” said Mr. Tan Phay Ping, Managing Director at BSD. “We are working on improving the turnaround time for each project so that our analysis is timely for the architect. With STAR-CCM+, we may be closer to achieving this.”
The software will be used to predict the airflow patterns around and within buildings or cities so that buildings are designed for good cross ventilation and minimal urban heat entrainment effects. Together with CD-adapco, BSD expects to increase the acceptance and use of computer simulation as a design tool for the building and construction industry.
BSD provides specialized independent consultancy services in the field of climate change, ecologically sustainable building designs, asset protection, energy management, building research and development and continuous education. Our building performance simulations services (airflow and ventilation, daylighting and solar radiation, energy consumption and thermal dynamics) allow buildings to be designed and built to the highest standards of energy and environmental sustainability.
The Company has provided energy efficiency and environmental planning advisory services for more than 100 building developments in Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia and China. BSD is a private limited company having its headquarters in Singapore and with offices in Singapore, Malaysia and China. It has also successfully completed numerous large research and development projects funded by governmental agencies locally and internationally.
May 4, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio