Bricsys has announced the release of Bricscad version 11.3, an intermediate upgrade with big features that provide users with increased drafting efficiency. In addition, Bricscad announced a new features poll on Facebook, where customers can now request and vote for new features.
New in Bricscad 11.3
This update adds support for text fields and tables, the subject of many user requests. Users can now create and edit text fields and tables in drawings created by Bricscad and other DWG-based CAD systems.
The new SolProf command projects selected 3D solids onto 2D planes. This is a key element towards the interaction between 3D models and 2D drawings.
The PEdit command can now convert splines to polylines.
For application developers, the final release of the new .NET application programming interface and sample files are found in the folder named “Bricsys API.”
New Features Poll on Facebook
Bricsys takes its commitment to users seriously. Together with users, it seeks to prioritize lists of new features, and dedicates 30% of its development time to the most-requested features.
In this regard, the Bricsys Facebook page has now launched a poll for anyone to enter requests for new features, and then vote on them. Bricsys sees this as a transparent way in which to interact with the user community.
“Bricscad has now reached a new level of great stability and performance,” said Erik De Keyser, CEO of Bricsys. “And so it is now entering the next stage: internally, we have a long list of exciting new feature we want to add to Bricscad.
“It is important that we listen to our user community and involve them in prioritizing functions. And so we want to report on the implementation of users’ choices transparently on a regular basis. Facebook is seen as an excellent and widely accepted communication platform for this.”
People can participate in the wish list poll at http://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/bricscad.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012