New Solution Enables Firms to Control the Performance of PDF-Based Collaboration.
Today, Bluebeam® Software announced the immediate availability of Studio Server™. This server-based solution enables firms to leverage the intuitive, real-time collaboration features of the cloud-based Bluebeam Studio and participate in secure, PDF-based collaboration sessions in their own, locally hosted environment.
"Studio Server brings the magic of real-time collaboration from the cloud to our clients' servers, providing them the best and easiest tools for project communication and collaboration," said Richard Lee, President and CEO of Bluebeam Software. "Studio Server enables project teams to collaborate electronically from anywhere in the world, with greater control and better security."
Since the introduction of Studio in Bluebeam PDF Revu® 8.5, users have been able to connect and collaborate with anyone, anywhere and at any time. Studio enables users across the globe to meet together in real time or separately on their own time to chat and post industry-standard markups including text, highlights, shapes, CAD symbols, measurements and images, to a single copy of a PDF, as well as create summary reports of all session activity. In the spirit of open collaboration, only the Studio session host needs to own a seat of Bluebeam PDF Revu. Invited attendees can participate in any number of collaboration sessions simply by using Revu as a viewer.
Now, with the release of Studio Server, Bluebeam is making real-time collaboration even more accessible, especially across industries and organizations in which file security is a key concern. Firms can now host online collaboration sessions on a local server where PDFs can be safely shared behind a firewall and monitored by a firm's IT department. Additionally, Studio Server gives organizations the power to control a number of options to improve performance and speed, such as determining the maximum file size of PDFs shared in a session, the number of attendees that can join at once and session archival settings.
May 17, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012