Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI, State Technical University) has adopted AxSTREAM to teach turbomachinery design. The University and SoftInWay Inc. signed a software license agreement according to which the Educational Version of AxSTREAM (AEV) will be incorporated into the curriculum, helping students to gain a better, real-life understanding of the basic principles of turbine/compressor design.
AxSTREAM Educational Version is meant for design and optimization of four types of machines: axial turbine, axial compressor, radial turbine and radial compressor. It consists of modules for preliminary design, 1D/2D analysis, flow path multidisciplinary optimization, airfoil profiling, 3D blade stacking and 3D FEA/CFD analysis.
Dr. Tech. Sc. Timouchev Serguei, Professor of Turbomachinery, Head of Laboratory of Numerical Modeling in Moscow Aviation Institute stated: “The aerospace industry has a significant demand for new, highly efficient engines, advanced tools to design small and large engines and an educated workforce capable of using them. By acquiring AEV and incorporating it into our curriculum, we hope to solve all of these questions and train our students to design efficient turbomachinery.”
“SoftInWay is pleased to declare our partnership with such an authoritative university as Moscow Aviation Institute; for us this agreement is a great opportunity for further development of the turbomachinery design industry worldwide,” – concluded Dr. Leonid Moroz, President and CEO of SoftInWay Inc.
Beside MAI, AxSTREAM Educational Version is successfully used by the educational community all over the globe, including Kaluga Branch of Bauman Moscow State Technical University (Russia), State Marine Technical University of St. Petersburg (Russia), Pennsylvania State University (USA), Tsinghua University (China), Namik Kemal University (Turkey) and Admiral Makarov National University of Shipbuilding (Ukraine).
AxSTREAM Educational Version is available for purchase in yearly and quarterly licenses at SoftInWay’s website http://www.softinway.com/education/axstream-educational-version.asp.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel