Agreement will cover the delivery of AVEVA Enterprise Solutions.
Cambridge, UK: AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, and Logica, a business and service technology company, announced today that they have signed a Strategic Alliance agreement. Designed to capitalise on the growing demand for information management solutions, the agreement draws on AVEVA’s Enterprise Solutions portfolio, including AVEVA NET, and Logica’s professional services to address complex customer needs in asset intensive industries.
AVEVA and Logica will work together on a number of joint opportunities, enabling customers to take advantage of the unique combination of information management solutions built on decades of domain knowledge. In addition, AVEVA and Logica will jointly provide a managed service capability to optimise clients’ complex engineering projects and through-life management of digital assets.
Under the terms of this agreement, AVEVA and Logica have developed a solid engagement model which provides both parties with the flexibility and necessary framework to pursue individual opportunities as mutually agreed.
“AVEVA recognises that partnering with Logica provides our clients with a rich mix of domain knowledge, business process expertise and software excellence that delivers a compelling and innovative proposition to our clients”, commented Paul Cooper, Head of Strategic Alliances at AVEVA. “Additionally, the partnership will support AVEVA meeting the growing demand for our Enterprise Solutions in new and existing markets through the scalability offered by the global Logica organisation”.
Danny Wootton, Logica UK’s innovation director added, “The synergy of AVEVA’s Enterprise Solutions and Logica's expertise in knowledge management implementations makes a perfect fit. Many of our clients across all sectors are constantly struggling with the large volumes of data they have to manage; I believe the intuitive and visual nature of an AVEVA and Logica solution can provide real operational benefits. I see a great opportunity for accelerated growth in this space. AVEVA were the UK winners of the 2010 Logica Global Innovation Partner programme with their AVEVA NET solution and our growing relationship is testament to the focus Logica has on working with the most innovative companies”.
The AVEVA Enterprise Solutions portfolio combines enterprise-level software applications and professional services that deliver powerful Information Management capabilities. Based on a very open approach that supports AVEVA products, as well as third-party applications, AVEVA solutions allow clients to exploit their information assets to mitigate operational risk, improve project schedules and reduce costs.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets