AutoForm Engineering GmbH, the leading supplier of software solutions for the sheet metal forming industry, has unveiled the latest software version AutoFormplus R3. This release excels at a new level of accuracy and speed. Superior performance in parallel computing enables users to take advantage of high speed-up factors on multi-cores, which now require fewer solver licenses. Moreover, AutoFormplus R3 contains new functionalities for hot forming and heating and helps users prevent springback in a systematic way.
AutoFormplus R3 is the third major release of the new product line AutoFormplus. AutoForm’s intense focus on accurate results and short computation times has led to this release which incorporates several innovative features. The main one offers predefined control parameter settings for the different stages in the engineering workflow. The three different control parameter settings – Concept Evaluation (CE), Advanced Concept Evaluation (CE+) and Final Validation (FV) – are aligned so as to minimize differences when switching from one setting to the next. This new concept prevents over-engineering and ensures the user the right accuracy at the right time. As a result, the efficiency of the engineering process can be significantly increased.
AutoFormplus R3 offers more options in the parallel computing field. The shared memory multiprocessing (SMP) solver version is now available not only for 2 and 4 cores but also for 3 and 8. At the same time, the number of licenses needed to perform parallel execution has been reduced, offering the user the advantage of multiprocessing at lower cost.
In addition, AutoFormplus R3 enables the realistic simulation of hot forming and quenching processes, takes into account innovative heat treatment processes which are applied when stamping certain lightweight materials and supports the user in systematically preventing springback.
Dr. Markus Thomma, Corporate Marketing Director of AutoForm Engineering, stated: “We are pleased to offer our customers a new and powerful set of features. With AutoFormplus R3, our users can count on increased efficiency of the engineering process, lower cost for parallel computing on multi-cores, improved crash simulation accuracy for hot-formed components and efficient springback prevention. AutoFormplus R3 will be available on the market in June.”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel