Sophisticated Solution Delivers Unified Search Capabilities for Engineering and Manufacturing Applications and Repositories
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced that Alcove9, a business unit of The vdR Group, an independent developer of engineering and manufacturing software solutions located in Orange, California, has joined the Aras partner program and launched an advanced search solution for the Aras Innovator PLM software suite. The Alcove9 search solution delivers unified access to disparate file system structures, including electronic content management (ECM), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and product lifecycle management (PLM) systems, enabling users to quickly search, find, retrieve and act upon content.
With the Alcove9 search solution, Aras users can immediately locate part and product data residing in unrelated repositories, applications and content formats throughout an enterprise. This instant access to enterprise-wide information enables companies to improve productivity, optimize design and reuse, accelerate time-to-market and reduce new product development costs. An open source architecture and interactive discovery and analysis tools enhance accessibility and usability while providing additional functionality.
“In Alcove9, we’ve re-architected our technology to an open source platform and we believe there’s no better way to launch our new offering than with a like-minded partner such as Aras,” said Martin van der Roest, President of Alcove9. “As the industry’s leading open source PLM solution, Aras has brought a much needed paradigm shift to the PLM industry and we are delighted to be a part of this movement.”
“As new product development becomes more complex and geographically dispersed, advanced search becomes increasingly critical so we are very pleased to welcome Alcove9 to the Aras Partner Program and the Aras Community. We know this solution is one our Community Members will find appealing and we applaud Alcove9 for migrating to an open source platform,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras.
May 11, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012