3D3 Solutions, a cutting edge developer of 3D scanning technologies, announces the official launch of FlexScan3D 3.0, the latest version of its 3D scanner software. The company developed the proprietary 3D scanning technology to power its line of HDI 3D Scanners. The software is also available exclusively for engineering and development companies to build custom white light 3D scanners for industry applications.
"FlexScan3D has the ability to interface directly with off-the-shelf cameras and a projector to build a custom 3D scanner," said Thomas Tong, President of 3D3 Solutions. "There is a wide range of supported hardware options available so users can choose the best combination of speed, accuracy, and cost for their particular application. With the release of FlexScan3D 3.0, we want to offer advanced 3D scanning at an affordable price."
Major developments for FlexScan3D 3.0 include:
Photogrammetry Alignment: Align 3D Scan Data Automatically
Align 3D scan data automatically and accurately using photogrammetry dots by eliminating the tedious task of manual data alignment.
Multi-head 3D Scanning Using Multiple Scan Heads from a Single PC
FlexScan3D has the ability to control multiple 3D scanners from a single PC to acquire data from several directions. The scanned data is then automatically aligned and merged.
64bit Native Core
Process 3D scan data faster and at higher resolutions compared to previous versions of the software.
Newly Designed User Interface
The new user interface generates complex 3D models fast with a streamlined work flow.
Advanced reporting feature with mesh to mesh comparison.
High Resolution Color Texture Capture
Automatically generates ultra high resolution color maps using a Digital SLR as a texture camera.
FlexScan3D 3.0 Software and the HDI 3D Scanners, which includes with the new version of the software, are now available for purchase.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio