The Sescoi booth at recent dental shows - IDS in Germany and the LMT’s Lab Day East in New York - saw a constant stream of visitors and dental industry decision makers interested in demonstrations of the new WorkNC Dental automated implantology module.
WorkNC Dental enables customized abutments to be machined within a fully automated and open process. Wizards within the software ensure it is so easy to use that dental technicians with no prior experience of NC machining can mill parts. It manages the automatic conversion of STL data into real implant connections, generating perfectly milled surfaces and a very high quality fit of the finished part at lower cost.
The large flow of visitors to the Sescoi booth at the recent IDS show in Germany was able to see the whole production process in action, from scanning to the milled implant. The Charlyrobot, Datron and Kavo 5-axis dental milling machines on the Sescoi booth, and the machine tools on the Willemin Macodel, Witech and Roland partner booths, demonstrated how easily NC toolpaths generated by WorkNC Dental can run on all types and makes of milling machine.
Practical information and advice was also available at the Sescoi IDS booth from the FDZ milling and service center, a WorkNC Dental user in Germany whose customers include dentists, dental laboratories and oral surgeons.
The North American debut of WorkNC-Dental V2.0 with automated implantology occured April 2nd at LMT Lab Days East dental expo. During this show, dental labs were able to get hands on demonstrations of automated milling processes for implants, bars and abutments. Attendees from as far away as Canada and Mexico, who joined attendees from the U.S. East coast, were able to get educated on the milling process, view videos of dental CNC milling, examine finely crafted sample parts as well as get answers to their dental CNC questions.
The new WorkNC Dental implantology module will be demonstrated at a number of dental shows around the globe in 2011. The upcoming Mediterranean Dental Forum in Barcelona on April 7-9 will feature live milling at the Sescoi booth (623) on Roland and Witech dental machine tools, as well as at the Roland booth (407).
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets