aPriori to be Used to Control Costs Across the Entire Product Development Lifecycle.
CONCORD, Mass - aPriori today announced that ThyssenKrupp Elevator, has selected the aPriori Product Cost Management software platform to provide real-time product cost assessments throughout its entire product development lifecycle, including cost management use cases in Design, Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing. ThyssenKrupp Elevator is one of the world’s leading elevator companies. Their range of products includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators, moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as quality service for all products.
“ThyssenKrupp has selected aPriori’s product cost management solution based on the system’s ease of use, and flexibility to be deployed against a wide variety of cost management use cases,” said Patrick Bass, Senior Vice President of Engineering. “aPriori is a highly automated system, so our users do not need to be cost experts to effectively leverage the system. All they have to do is open a 3D CAD model, enter a few basic inputs, and they can generate an accurate cost estimate in seconds. We are planning to integrate aPriori cost reviews into our standard product development process, conduct make versus buy analyses, streamline process routings in our manufacturing facilities and use aPriori to determine if we can standardize common changes across product platforms. By taking this broad-based approach, our goal is to attack cost at the point of origin, and maximize the potential to discover significant cost savings for our company.”
“Some companies adopt a strategy that places specialized cost management tools in the hands of a few, highly trained individuals, and we believe that approach limits the potential impact on a company’s profitability,” said Stephanie Feraday, aPriori’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We believe that ThyssenKrupp Elevator is going to be extremely successful with aPriori, because they are willing to take a more modern approach, and attack cost across the product development lifecycle. By empowering everyone on the product development team with a tool like aPriori, they will discover enormous potential for cost savings they were never able to uncover before.”
Apr 13, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel