WHITE HOUSE, Tennessee – Striker Systems, an industry leader in the development of sheet metal CAD/CAM and nesting software, has announced the release of PARTshare for Solid Edge.
PARTshare is a Solid Edge add-in that allows Solid Edge to share sheet metal manufacturing data with the Striker Systems nesting software. The PARTshare process is very straightforward. From the Solid Edge environment an individual part or entire assembly is extracted. Sheet Metal parts are automatically unfolded as necessary and placed into the Striker Systems PARTshare nesting library.
Critical manufacturing data including part number, revision level, routing information, and material properties are transferred with each part. Bend information is maintained to facilitate bend line marking during CNC punching or cutting operations. Production nests can then be created interactively or automatically from any networked computer running STRIKER nesting software. The PARTshare process minimizes data handling and reduces the risk of manufacturing error.
PARTshare has previously been available only for SolidWorks and Autodesk Inventor. “Our decision to expand PARTshare to include support for Solid Edge was based primarily on market demand,” states Michael Boggs, Striker Systems Sales Manager. “We’ve seen a steady increase of Solid Edge users in our customer base, and we felt obligated to provide them with this advanced level of capability.”
Apr 22, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting