BURLINGTON: SoftInWay Inc., a supplier of turbomachinery design software, educational programs and engineering services, has announced the release of a new tool – AxSLICE. Integrated into the AxSTREAM Software Suite for design, optimization and retrofitting of turbomachinery, the AxSLICE module for scanned data processing is able to increase the speed of flow path redesign.
AxSLICE was developed by SoftInWay’s team to expedite the process of blade geometry extraction using only scanned raw data points for analyzing and optimizing the blade. Additionally, the tool prepares the blades in the format appropriate for analysis of the existing flow path, therefore, shortening the design process and saving engineering hours and budget.
Engineers involved in turbomachinery retrofitting usually lack flow path geometry necessary to perform their analysis. Since most software tools working with data from 3D scanners produce only surfaces, they require a significant amount of manual work to extract airfoil characteristics necessary for 1D/2D flow path analysis and defining direct geometry. AxSLICE solves this challenge by determining blade angles from scanning results.
The new tool will be showcased in details in the course of SoftInWay’s free webinar “Retrofitting of Turbomachinery – from Scanned Data to a New Efficient Flow Path”, to be held on April 28, 2011, at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. EDT. AxSLICE covers all types of rotating turbomachinery; during the webinar the module will be demonstrated using a steam turbine with HP, IP and LP sections as an example.
To know more about AxSTREAM software or to register for the free webinar, please visit SoftInWay’s website.
Apr 18, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel