Company Claims Top Spots in Two Fastest Growing Market Sectors – Tenth Straight Year for Teamcenter and Sixth Straight Year for Tecnomatix.
PLANO, Texas – Siemens PLM Software has announced that – for the tenth year in a row – it has been recognized by leading PLM management consulting and research firm CIMdata, Inc. as the market presence leader in the industry’s collaborative Product Definition management (cPDm) category. CIMdata also ranked Siemens PLM Software the revenue leader in the Digital Manufacturing market segment for the sixth straight year. These findings, based on in-depth data and analysis of the PLM market, were announced by CIMdata in March and are detailed in their upcoming 2011 PLM Market Analysis Report.
“Siemens PLM Software continues to set the pace in the cPDm market segment with their Teamcenter® solution suite, as shown in our annual market survey,” said Peter Bilello, President of CIMdata. “Additionally, Siemens PLM Software continues to lead in Digital Manufacturing with their Tecnomatix® software Digital Manufacturing solution suite, and their growing integration with offerings from Siemens AG should help them bring PLM to the shop floor in some end-user market segments. The breadth of their PLM offerings also positions them well for growth in emerging markets.”
According to CIMdata, cPDm will continue as the fastest-growing segment of the PLM market with a five-year CAGR forecast of 9.3 percent, resulting in a projected cPDm market size of approximately $15 billion by 2015, based on total software and services investments. Second in market growth rate is the Tools sector with a five-year CAGR forecast of 7.4 percent, according to CIMdata. These growth rates compare favorably with CIMdata’s forecast of 7.1 percent CAGR for the Mainstream PLM market as a whole.
“The leadership rankings we received from CIMdata in these two vital and fast growing PLM market sectors serves to validate our customer focused strategy and open business model,” said Eric Sterling, senior vice president, Global Marketing, Siemens PLM Software. “The cross-industry breadth and functional depth of our Teamcenter and Tecnomatix solutions have helped us maintain our position as a proven global PLM leader.”
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers