The latest release of ShipConstructor CAD/CAM software offers performance enhancements and new tools to speed up the ship design and construction process.
ShipConstructor Software Inc. is promoting the ShipConstructor 2011 R2 release of its AutoCAD based program as a continuation of its strategy of being the most intuitive and efficient of all the major shipbuilding-specific CAD/CAM applications.
“Shipbuilders have told us that slow, inefficient, complicated programs are unacceptable,” said ShipConstructor Software Inc. CEO Darren Larkins. “In both mature and emerging markets, shipbuilders need to quickly find and train staff. They are also under increased pressure to increase efficiencies so we have deliberately constructed software that we believe is the easiest to learn and use.”
ShipConstructor 2011 R2 New Features:
Increased Speed – Less time spent waiting. Assembly and arrangement drawing creation and updating performance has been improved by up to 50%.
Batch Updating of Production Drawings – Increased user efficiency by allowing updating of multiple production drawings in a single operation.
Project Equipment List – Allows management and reconciliation of the project master equipment list to the 3D model in ShipConstructor.
Improved Change Management – ShipConstructor’s Associative DWG technology has been leveraged to improve change management. More undo options are available.
Updatable Twisted Stiffeners – Shrinks the design spiral between Hull and Structure. Allows updating of twisted stiffeners in structure drawings with changes from hull drawings without having to re-export the part.
Reports by Model Drawing – Enables easier work-in-progress reports by generating reports for content within individual model drawings.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program