Darmstadt – PROSTEP AG has published a White Paper entitled “3D Formats in the Field of Engineering – A Comparison”. It provides an overview and serves as an orientation guide for companies faced with selecting the appropriate neutral 3D format for specific use cases that are frequently encountered in practice.
Neutral 3D formats are indispensible for the distribution and exchange of 3D models in engineering departments and in upstream and downstream departments and divisions when the original system is not available, the distribution of native data is too expensive and a high level of detail is not necessary, or if a company’s intellectual property needs to be protected. The selection of a certain format will determine, for example, the range of possible applications and the follow-up costs involved. Which neutral 3D format is the right one for a company will depend on a number of factors.
PROSTEP is confronted with this issue on a day to day basis and in this White Paper provides help with identifying which 3D format is appropriate for a given use case.
The White Paper is available at http://www.pdfgenerator3d.com/nc/en/product/white-paper.html
PROSTEP AG is recognized as the leading PLM integration specialist in the area of product data integration. The company offers customers from the aerospace, automotive, shipbuilding and mechanical engineering industries – including EADS/AIRBUS, BMW, Volkswagen, Daimler – integration solutions for CAD, PDM and supplier communication, thus making e-engineering a reality.
The PROSTEP Group has a current headcount of more than 280 in Germany, France and the USA. In addition to its headquarters in Darmstadt, PROSTEP also maintains branch offices in Berlin, Bexbach, Hamburg, Hanover, Koblenz, Munich, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Wuppertal, as well as Lyon and Toulouse (France) and Troy, Michigan (USA).
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio