Delcam has announced the appointment of Martin Measures, formally the UK Sales Director at Planit Software and Licom Systems, as its Sales Manager for the North Midlands, and North and Central Wales. The appointment follows the transfer of Martin Boon to UK Sales Manager at Delcam’s newly-formed Professional Services subsidiary.
Mr. Measures began his career at BICC Components where he served a toolmaking apprenticeship before joining Lucas Aerospace. He first joined Licom Systems as an applications and support engineer in 1996. He then had periods as Production Manager and Works Manager in Liverpool-based engineering companies, before returning to Licom as North of England Sales Executive in 2002. He was promoted to UK Sales Director in 2006 and was retained in that position following the takeover of Licom by Planit.
Commenting on the appointment, UK General Manager, Steve Creron said, "We are very pleased to welcome Martin to Delcam’s UK sales team. He is a very experienced engineer with an extensive background in CADCAM and familiarity with our customers’ needs from his previous positions in metalworking companies. In addition, the knowledge of the woodworking and stone-machining markets he gained while working at Planit will be very valuable as we look to expand our business in those areas.”
The appointment comes at a time when Delcam’s business is enjoying huge demand for its software; the company has just announced that it achieved record sales in 2010. "The recovery in UK manufacturing seems to be gathering strength and that is being reflected in our sales,” commented Mr. Creron. "I am sure that Martin’s appointment will help us to continue our growth.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012