Marburg – VI-grade GmbH, a provider of best-in-class products and services to bridge the gap between real world testing and technical simulation, today announced that the National Authority of Tunnels, an Egyptian authority part of the Ministry of Transport in charge of constructing Egyptian metro systems and road tunnels, selected the VI-grade suite of railway solutions, based on VI-Rail.
National Authorities of Tunnels (NAT) will use VI-Rail as a part of a comprehensive service agreement with Japanese railcar manufacturer Kinki Sharyo, which will provide the vehicles for the new Third line of the Egyptian underground network. The software will be used to virtually test the dynamic behavior of the railcars provided by the supplier on the Egyptian metro lines built by NAT, allowing to validate and optimize its performance criteria, such as comfort, stability, curving negotiation, clearance and so forth.
“We are excited about the technology offered by VI-grade for the railway industry,” says Sameh Refaat, NAT. “The VI-Rail solution will be instrumental to efficiently support the exchange of information with our supplier Kinki Sharyo, enabling us to virtually test the new vehicles on our tracks prior to the shipment of a single physical prototype. This will help us saving a lot of money and time associated with the accomplishment of this important activity.”
“The Greater Cairo underground metro is considered one of the most important national projects executed in the Republic during the second half of the twentieth century,” says Mohamed Reda, PROMECH. “This is an unprecedented opportunity for customers such as NAT and we are looking forward to supporting the railway-related activities in our country with our skills and competences in simulation software and services.”
“We are happy to report another commercial success through Promech in the railway industry,” says Guido Bairati, Sales Director, VI-Grade. “This demonstrates the efficiency of our commercial strategies, that relies on a capillary network of experienced and respected resellers. We are looking forward to a continuous a fruitful collaboration in Egypt!”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel