Mumbai - The Board of Geometric Ltd has announced the appointment of Mr. Manu Parpia, Founder and Vice Chairman as the Managing Director and CEO of the Company during a Board Meeting held today. Mr. Parpia will take over the position from Mr. Ravishankar G., who resigned for personal reasons.
At a meeting held today, the Board accepted the resignation of Mr. Ravishankar G., Managing Director and CEO and recorded its appreciation of Mr. Ravishankar's services. The Board appointed Mr. Manu Parpia, Founder and Vice Chairman, to take over the role of Managing Director and CEO with immediate effect. The appointment will be subject to necessary statutory approvals.
On the occasion, Mr. J. N. Godrej, Chairman of the Board said "On behalf of the entire Board, I thank Mr. Ravishankar for his leadership in guiding Geometric through a very critical phase of its journey. We wish him all the very best in his career. We are very pleased that Mr. Parpia has accepted our request to be the Managing Director and CEO. The Board is confident that Mr. Parpia will lead Geometric to the next level of its evolution."
On his appointment, Mr. Parpia said "I appreciate the confidence the Board has shown in me and I will do my utmost to ensure we continue to enhance shareholder value by serving our customers better and in more innovative ways which add not only to revenue growth, but also to improvement in margins. I am committed to drive Geometric's transformation to become a global leader in the engineering services space. "
Mr. Manu Parpia has over 30 years of experience in the industry, with over 21 years in the PLM and Engineering arena. He is one of the pioneers in this space in India. Mr. Parpia holds a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from McGill University, Canada and an MBA from Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, USA.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012