Version 5.0 introduces new functions, improves speed by 30-100%.
LEDAS Ltd today announced the availability of version 5.0 of LGS 3D, its powerful geometric constraint solver. As a core technology component of CAD/CAM/CAE software, LGS 3D is used to implement geometric, dimensional, and engineering constraints in applications involving assembly design, motion simulation, and direct modeling.
Version 5.0 improves on its performance, introduces several new functions requested by LEDAS customers, and enhances the quality of its solutions.
The move-under-constraints function allows users to drag one or more geometric objects interactively, while LGS 3D solves the constraints dynamically at each intermediate step. This makes it easy for users to adjust their designs, and to explore the kinematics of complex mechanisms. The new algorithm for adaptive calculation of move-under-constraints in LGS 3D 5.0 speeds up this function by 100%, on average.
LGS 3D can deal with inconsistent problems, and with version 5.0 inconsistent models are processed 30% faster on average, thanks to minimizing of the number of iterations to solve.
In some design contexts, users need to know whether a particular constraint is satisfied. In previous releases, the only way to do this was to run the LGS 3D solver procedure, which proved to be time-consuming for large models. Version 5.0 introduces new functions that very quickly check if one or all constraints are satisfied.
The tangency constraint between cylinders and tori now supports the orientation attribute. Version 5.0 of LGS 3D now automatically detects the orientation attribute for coincidence constraints between circles and tori.
The distance constraint between two spheres now supports user- and application-defined help points. This allows users to measure distances between different combinations of the spheres’ sides.
Enhanced Solution Quality
The scope of some problem decomposition and heuristic methods has been extended to support models with non-rigid objects and variables.
The DOF (degrees of freedom) analysis introduced with the previous version of LGS 3D has been improved in version 5.0. The number of spiraling DOFs is minimized whenever possible.
LEDAS developers also eliminated several bugs reported by customers.
Apr 30, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers