BERGHEIM, Germany - Objet Geometries Ltd announced today that Laserdenta GmbH, a leader in 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions for the dental industry, has enhanced their Laserdenta's OpenCAD™ software's compatibility with Objet's Eden™ line of 3D printing systems, enabling optimized fabrication and fit precision of dental crown stone models.
Enhanced compatibility is provided by a series of pre-defined settings that allow dental technicians to fabricate highly accurate dental stone models directly from the digital files of 3D dental scans.
"We have worked closely with Objet to validate and optimize the settings needed to produce highly accurate and repeatable dental models on Objet Eden 3D printers," noted Dr. Wolfgang Kirchner, CEO and founder of Laserdenta. "The combination of our 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions with Objet's 3D printing technology enables us to bring the power of mass customization to all small and mid-size dental labs."
Avi Cohen, Head of Medical Solutions at Objet Geometries, added: "We are very pleased that dental labs and production centers that employ Laserdenta scanners and CAD software can now expand their services to provide highly accurate 3D printed restorations. The combination of Laserdenta's unique CAD/CAM software capabilities and Objet's fine-detail and smooth-surface 3D printing technology represents the ultimate digital solution package for manufacturers of dental restorations."
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel