SANTA ANA, CA - MSC Software Corporation has announced that Ken Welch has been appointed to Vice President of Strategy and Product Management. In this position, Welch will oversee the management and product strategy for the company's full suite of products.
Mr. Welch has a long track record of success in the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) industry in a variety of technical, sales, marketing and product strategy roles. He has an outstandingly diverse corporate background working at both established companies like Autodesk and Rockwell Corporation as well venture funded startups like Rasna Corporation and Moldflow Corporation.
While at Rasna Corporation, Mr. Welch led the product planning and marketing groups of the Mechanical suite of CAE products. During his tenure, Mechanica was launched and grew rapidly to $24M in revenues before being acquired by PTC.
At Moldflow Corporation, Mr. Welch had multiple roles, initially serving as Vice President of Marketing and Field Services, then General Manager of the Design Analysis Business Unit and finally Chief Operating Officer. During his tenure, Moldflow transitioned from a small private company to a $64M public corporation that was the global leader in plastics related CAE software systems.
Mr. Welch holds Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Civil Engineering from the University of California at Davis and is a graduate of the AeA/Stanford Executive Institute.
"Ken's experience and broad understanding of the CAE industry will be a tremendous asset to the MSC team and our customers," said Dominic Gallello, President and CEO, MSC Software. "He will not only help MSC execute a winning product strategy that delivers exceptional technology to our customers, but he will also be involved in critical projects that contribute to the growth of our business."
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel