HUNTSVILLE, Ala - GL Noble Denton, the global independent technical advisor to the oil and gas industry, will standardize on Intergraph® SmartMarine® Enterprise, including SmartMarine 3D, to replace its existing design solution for offshore and marine assets. This move will enable the company to increase the functionality and usability of its engineering designs, as well as to improve the data consistency between the schematics and the outfitting within its projects.
“We benchmarked Intergraph SmartMarine Enterprise against several leading, global marine engineering design solutions, and we thought it was the most sustainable option for us,” said Tor Lønnerød, GL Noble Denton’s General Manager for Noble Denton Brevik, Norway. In addition to SmartMarine 3D, GL Noble Denton purchased licenses of SmartPlant® P&ID (Piping and Instrumentation Diagram), SmartPlant Electrical, SmartPlant Review and SmartPlant Foundation Basic Integrator products.
SmartMarine 3D is the world’s most advanced offshore and shipbuilding design solution, providing companies with the capabilities they need to gain and maintain an edge in a highly competitive industry. SmartMarine 3D is breakthrough engineering technology that is data-centric, knowledge- and rule-driven, streamlining marine asset design processes and improving delivery schedules, with increased detail and manufacturing design productivity of up to 30 percent.
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine president, said: “A growing number of industry leaders are adopting Intergraph Smart 3D technology as their next-generation engineering platform because of the unique abilities it provides to increase safety, quality and productivity. SmartMarine 3D continues to increase its market share in highly competitive segments. Intergraph is looking forward to working with GL Noble Denton and to gaining a competitive edge through strong collaboration.”
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph the No. 1 overall engineering design 3D software and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013.
Apr 30, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program