LiDAR Transformation to Power Data Preparation for Better Informed Decision Making.
Vancouver, BC - Safe Software announced today that FME, the leading spatial data transformation technology, now offers unrivaled support for LiDAR and point cloud data. Organizations can now use the unmatched transformation capabilities in FME to quickly prepare LiDAR data to meet their precise requirements, enabling them to extract the full value from their LiDAR data assets to power better informed decision making.
Many organizations have been looking for an easy way to tap into the wealth of information available in their LiDAR data assets. However, the massive size of these files and interoperability challenges have made it very difficult, and even impossible, for this highly accurate, "sensed" data to be used and shared. With FME's new support for popular LiDAR formats such as LAS, Pointools POD, XYZ ASCII and loading of LiDAR into Oracle Spatial Database, preparation of this data for use is now not only possible, but can be performed on millions of points in seconds.
Organizations can now leverage FME technology to quickly transform LiDAR data into the precise coordinate system and format they require, and clip, crop, thin, filter, and split LiDAR data into the exact subset they need to work with. They can also quickly tile their enormous LiDAR datasets for easier handling, or bring tiled subsets together to form a single large dataset.
By using FME's high performance engine to perform these tasks, organizations can build workflows once and reuse them as needed using batch processing on the desktop or the server, saving hours or even days that would otherwise be required.
Additionally, FME's unparalleled support for over 250 spatial and non-spatial data formats makes it possible to quickly create value-added datasets by integrating LiDAR data with GIS, CAD and raster data for a more complete picture of what's real to support business decisions.
"The introduction of LiDAR and point cloud support in FME opens the door to new possibilities for the market," says Dale Lutz, Vice-President of Development at Safe Software. "We're excited to see how our customers will leverage this new capability to achieve their objectives."
Organizations interested in learning more are invited to attend Safe Software's upcoming webinar "Prepare LiDAR Data To Meet Your Precise Requirements" on April 28, 2011, which will demonstrate how to quickly prepare LiDAR data for use with FME. To learn more and to register, visit: www.safe.com/LiDARPR.
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel