Hove, England - CGTech will be exhibiting at the Paris Air Show, Le Bourget, Paris on stand number 2B-F172 from June 20-26 2011. The stand will feature the latest versions of CGTech’s VERICUT software products for both Machine Tool Simulation and Automated Fibre Placement (AFP) programming and simulation. In addition CGTech will present the first European preview of a new product for programming and simulation of Automated Drilling and Fastening machines used for airframe assembly.
VERICUT DRILLING AND FASTENING PROGRAMMING AND SIMULATION
VERICUT Drilling & Fastening is a new software application for simulating and programming auto-drilling and fastening machines. These machines are used to assemble large aero-structures and it is essential to avoid programming errors and collisions at such a late stage in the aircraft manufacturing process. VERICUT allows the user to programme drilling and fastener assembly operations in a virtual machine tool environment and provides simulation to check for a variety of potentially disastrous error conditions. Like all VERICUT software the new module interfaces to leading CAD/CAM/PLM systems and is independent of the assembly machine manufacturer.
VERICUT COMPOSITES APPLICATIONS
Throughout the show, CGTech will be demonstrating VERICUT Composite Applications: VERICUT composite Programming (VCP) and VERICUT Composite Simulation (VCS).
There will be demonstrations of projects that highlight the implementation and use of machine independent off-line NC programming software for AFP machines. Current customer projects to be highlighted include: a large one-piece fuselage barrel on an Electroimpact multi-machine AFP fabrication cell; an aircraft inlet duct on a Cincinnati Viper 1200 AFP machine; a flexible AFP gantry machine; layup of a U-channel structure on a 7-axis mTorres AFP machine; and aircraft skin panels and experiments using an AFP head mounted on a 6-axis FANUC robot.
VERICUT MACHINE TOOL SIMULATION
CGTech will also be exhibiting version 7.1 of it’s market leading VERICUT CNC machine simulation and optimization software. VERICUT simulates all types of CNC machining, including aerospace processes such as multi axis milling, drilling and trimming of composite parts, water jet cutting, robotic and mill/turn machining. VERICUT runs standalone, but can also be integrated with leading CAD/CAM/PLM systems including Dassault Systemes Catia, Siemens NX, PTC, Delcam PowerMill and Open Mind Hypermill.
Apr 22, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel