Australian-based International Engineering, Architecture and Environmental Consulting Company Selects Autodesk to enhance its 3D Design Solutions.
SYDNEY - Autodesk announced that it has signed an enterprise licensing agreement with GHD, one of the world’s leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firms to provide Autodesk software and services. The contract value of the deal is more than AUD 5 million, making it the largest ever contract win for Autodesk in Asia Pacific.
This new agreement will enable GHD access to 25 Autodesk products and in excess of 1000 licensed seats globally. In addition, GHD will have access to Autodesk consulting services to help integrate the technology and assist in optimising their investment. GHD is also continuing its long standing engagement with KarelCAD to support the solution going forward in partnership with Autodesk.
“We are extremely pleased to further strengthen our long-standing relationship with GHD with this global agreement,” said Paul Arthur, Sales Director, Autodesk Australia and New Zealand. “GHD is a true Australian success story, delivering innovative and world-class design solutions across five continents. We are delighted that Autodesk software and services will enable GHD to support their further push towards 3D design solutions as they scale for future growth.”
GHD works across a wide range of international projects, some requiring them to collaborate across timezones and markets. The interoperability of Autodesk’s technology solutions combined with this new flexible licensing arrangement will allow GHD design teams to collaborate and be more resource-efficient.
“We needed a solution that was flexible, allowing us to scale and collaborate effectively across multiple sites around the world,” said Gavin Cheetham, Global CADD Manager for GHD. “Autodesk was able to offer the best solutions to streamline our licencing while enabling us to use the latest Building Information Modelling (BIM) software tools to support our clients’ current and future needs.”
BIM is an integrated process for exploring a project’s key physical and functional characteristics digitally before it’s built, helping to deliver projects faster and more economically, whilst maximising environmental outcomes. GHD is seeing a strong demand from its customers for 3D solutions and is planning to pro-actively use BIM to help design innovative projects, reduce costs and deliver better performance.
Apr 20, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel