Fun physics puzzle game with over 800,000 downloads gets even more mobile.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif - Autodesk, Inc announced its TinkerBox App— a free* game designed to playfully spark interest in physics and mechanical engineering — is now available on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch. Following the success of the Autodesk TinkerBox App for iPad, players can now experience the joy and excitement of invention on a variety of iOS devices.
The stimulating mechanical puzzles and challenging physics problems in Autodesk TinkerBox require players to devise imaginative solutions, insert gadgets, assemble components, customize switches and test their inventions. Completing each challenge inspires players to increasingly complex innovations. The game’s 'Invent' mode enables players to design their own contraptions and share them with friends.
“TinkerBox exposes players to math and engineering principles in an engaging and light-hearted way,” said Samir Hanna, vice president, Consumer Products, Autodesk. “Extending the app to iPhone and iPod touch was a natural step in our quest to make science and engineering more fun, accessible and appealing to young people and adults alike.”
TinkerBox’s popular ‘Invent’ mode now includes panning and zooming, enabling players to get a closer view while designing their contraptions. The latest version also includes three new machine switches: the reverse switch can be connected to a motor or conveyor belt to reverse the machine flow; the toggle button powers elements on and off; and the momentary button provides brief power surges. These new features are also available for Autodesk TinkerBox App for iPad.
As part of its commitment to educating the next generation of designers and engineers, Autodesk also provides free* access to its industry-leading 3D design, engineering and entertainment software and accompanying curricula though the Autodesk Education Community.
Pricing and Availability
The Autodesk TinkerBox App is available for free* from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch. Learn more about Autodesk TinkerBox.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel