Fun physics puzzle game with over 800,000 downloads gets even more mobile.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif - Autodesk, Inc announced its TinkerBox App— a free* game designed to playfully spark interest in physics and mechanical engineering — is now available on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch. Following the success of the Autodesk TinkerBox App for iPad, players can now experience the joy and excitement of invention on a variety of iOS devices.
The stimulating mechanical puzzles and challenging physics problems in Autodesk TinkerBox require players to devise imaginative solutions, insert gadgets, assemble components, customize switches and test their inventions. Completing each challenge inspires players to increasingly complex innovations. The game’s 'Invent' mode enables players to design their own contraptions and share them with friends.
“TinkerBox exposes players to math and engineering principles in an engaging and light-hearted way,” said Samir Hanna, vice president, Consumer Products, Autodesk. “Extending the app to iPhone and iPod touch was a natural step in our quest to make science and engineering more fun, accessible and appealing to young people and adults alike.”
TinkerBox’s popular ‘Invent’ mode now includes panning and zooming, enabling players to get a closer view while designing their contraptions. The latest version also includes three new machine switches: the reverse switch can be connected to a motor or conveyor belt to reverse the machine flow; the toggle button powers elements on and off; and the momentary button provides brief power surges. These new features are also available for Autodesk TinkerBox App for iPad.
As part of its commitment to educating the next generation of designers and engineers, Autodesk also provides free* access to its industry-leading 3D design, engineering and entertainment software and accompanying curricula though the Autodesk Education Community.
Pricing and Availability
The Autodesk TinkerBox App is available for free* from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch. Learn more about Autodesk TinkerBox.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012