Robust scheduling-optimization software available to Dell’s high-performance computing customers.
TROY, Mich – Altair Engineering, Inc., a leading global provider of simulation and advanced computing software solutions, announced today that PBS Professional, the commercial-grade HPC workload management solution and job scheduler, is now available directly through Dell’s ordering system for Dell’s high-performance computing customers.
PBS Works is a popular solution for optimizing workload scheduling and management of complex jobs in the HPC environment to ensure that technologies are being used to their greatest efficiency. It enables organizations to maximize efficient use of their computing resources and to initiate HPC jobs rapidly, thereby improving their overall productivity and return on investment.
“Our agreement with Dell allows our customers to obtain an integrated high-performance computing solution,” said PBS Works CTO Bill Nitzberg. “When products are accessible through Dell’s world-renowned order management system, customers can streamline large-scale implementations, minimize acquisition costs and maintain direct access to Altair’s sales, support and engineering teams. With this agreement in place, our engineering, scientific and educational communities have streamlined access to PBS Works, further enhancing our ability to help HPC projects run efficiently and easily.”
Long recognized as a crucial software foundation in the HPC industry, PBS Professional has been deployed on a broad range of Dell-based HPC solutions at more than 50 universities and research labs around the world, including a large U.S. Department of Defense site, centers at the IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, CIRA and Department of Structural Engineering of Politecnico di Milano in Italy, and Infotech Enterprises in India.
“Our customers require complete solutions for the full range of their computing needs,” said Dell Director of Enterprise Software Solutions Donnie Bell. “With the addition of Altair’s PBS Professional software suite, Dell customers have access to a broad suite of options that can be uniquely customized to each of their specific usage models and needs.”
Apr 30, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel