The vdR Group, Inc. Launches Alcove9 as New Business Unit.
ORANGE, CA: The vdR Group, Inc. today announced the launch of its new business unit, Alcove9. The Alcove9 search solution delivers unified access to disparate file system structures, including electronic content management (ECM), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and product lifecycle management (PLM) systems, enabling users to quickly search, find, retrieve and act upon content.
With the Alcove9 search solution, users can immediately locate part and product data residing in unrelated repositories, applications and content formats throughout an enterprise. This instant access to enterprise-wide information enables companies to improve productivity, optimize design and reuse, accelerate time-to-market and reduce new product development costs. An open source architecture and interactive discovery and analysis tools enhance accessibility and usability while providing additional functionality.
"In Alcove9, we've re-architected our technology to an open source platform," said Martin van der Roest, President of Alcove9. "As new product development becomes more complex and geographically dispersed, advanced search becomes increasingly critical."
Alcove9, a business unit of The vdR Group, Inc., represents the open source re-architecture of a proven software solution that has been adopted by over 120,000 combined users in engineering and manufacturing organizations across multiple industries.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel