The vdR Group, Inc. Launches Alcove9 as New Business Unit.
ORANGE, CA: The vdR Group, Inc. today announced the launch of its new business unit, Alcove9. The Alcove9 search solution delivers unified access to disparate file system structures, including electronic content management (ECM), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and product lifecycle management (PLM) systems, enabling users to quickly search, find, retrieve and act upon content.
With the Alcove9 search solution, users can immediately locate part and product data residing in unrelated repositories, applications and content formats throughout an enterprise. This instant access to enterprise-wide information enables companies to improve productivity, optimize design and reuse, accelerate time-to-market and reduce new product development costs. An open source architecture and interactive discovery and analysis tools enhance accessibility and usability while providing additional functionality.
"In Alcove9, we've re-architected our technology to an open source platform," said Martin van der Roest, President of Alcove9. "As new product development becomes more complex and geographically dispersed, advanced search becomes increasingly critical."
Alcove9, a business unit of The vdR Group, Inc., represents the open source re-architecture of a proven software solution that has been adopted by over 120,000 combined users in engineering and manufacturing organizations across multiple industries.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012