SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Actify Inc today introduced its next generation publishing platform called Centro™, now available to customers. Centro enables manufacturing organizations and their supply chains to easily access, interact with and communicate part data through SpinFire across their wide area networks.
"Centro is a new product from the ground up," says David Opsahl, Actify's CEO. "As more and more of our customers expand their SpinFire installations, and we see larger installations more often with new customers, we realized we needed a new platform for delivering 2D and 3D product data to SpinFire users that could be configured to the requirements of those customers. When it comes to things like dealing with high volumes of data, and integration to other sources of data, Centro is a huge leap forward for SpinFire users in that regard."
A key element of the design of Centro was new core technology for the processing of native 2D and 3D CAD data. The advancements of this core will be part of the SpinFire 9.1 release scheduled for June, providing stand-alone SpinFire users with the benefits of the new core technology. Another high priority element of the Centro design is a new queuing technology that dramatically improves processing times and failure recovery, as well as a robust web services interface that can be configured to either access data from other sources, or permit other applications to take advantage of the publishing capabilities of Centro. Centro preserves the capability present in SpinFire Publisher to have data processed via a set of "watched" folders contained in a file system or systems.
Centro is available to existing SpinFire Publisher customers as part of their current maintenance agreements as an upgrade; SpinFire Publisher 3.4 is the last release of that product. New customers will be able to license Centro under subscription agreements.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012