India Based Company to Develop Professional and Consumer 3D Content-To-Print Apps and Tools.
Goa - 3D Systems announced today that it has acquired SYCODE, a software development company based in Goa, India that specializes in providing plug-ins for all commercially available Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages. In connection with this acquisition, the company also plans to commence local commercial activities in India.
SYCODE will operate as a brand under 3D Systems India. Deelip Menezes will be heading all the operations of 3D Systems in India of which software development will be only a part.
To begin with the company will move into a new office and expand it's development team.
SYCODE(TM) develops cutting-edge software solutions for the CAD industry. These solutions are delivered in the form of standalone apps or plug-ins that work inside CAD tools such as AutoCAD, Inventor, 3D Studio MAX, Maya, Pro/ENGINEER, Kubotek, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, SpaceClaim, Alibre Design, Rhinoceros, IRONCAD, INOVATE, IntelliCAD, Bricscad, Acrobat and SketchUp.
"We are pleased to add the SYCODE(TM) technology platform to our expanding portfolio," said Abe Reichental, President and CEO, 3D Systems. "We plan to leverage this technology as part of democratizing access and accelerating adoption of 3D content-to-print solutions for the benefit of our professional users and consumers alike."
The company doesn't expect this acquisition to be material to its financial performance and results during 2011.
3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D content-to-print solutions including 3D printers, print materials and custom part services. Its expertly integrated rapid prototyping and manufacturing solutions reduce the time and cost of designing new products and printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to design, communicate, prototype and produce functional end-use parts; customers create with confidence.
SYCODE develops cutting-edge software solutions for the Computer Aided Design (CAD) industry. The company's solutions are in the form of standalone applications or plug-ins that work inside major CAD systems such as AutoCAD, Inventor, 3D Studio MAX, Maya, Pro/ENGINEER, Kubotek, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, SpaceClaim, Alibre Design, Rhinoceros, IRONCAD, INOVATE, IntelliCAD, Bricscad, Acrobat and SketchUp, among others.
SYCODE also designs, develops and implements customized CAD software solutions for companies worldwide. The customized solution may be a standalone application working closely with the client's existing CAD application, a plug-in to the CAD application or a combination of both.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012