ROCK HILL, S.C - 3D Systems Corporation announced today its acquisition of Print3D Corporation ("Print3D"), a startup company that develops custom parts services for CAD users through advanced desktop tools that integrate directly into their design environment. Print3D's proprietary dynamic pricing and ordering engine is designed to make quoting and ordering parts as easy as printing a document.
"With Print3D we are taking an additional step towards democratizing access to affordable, safe and viable 3D content-to-print solutions for professionals and consumers alike," said Cathy Lewis Vice President Global Marketing 3D Systems.
The company plans to commercialize Print3D as a complementary custom parts service to its Quickparts(R) and 3Dproparts(TM) services and to leverage this technology to create new user tools and utilities for its entire menus of services.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012