ROCK HILL, S.C - 3D Systems Corporation announced today its acquisition of Print3D Corporation ("Print3D"), a startup company that develops custom parts services for CAD users through advanced desktop tools that integrate directly into their design environment. Print3D's proprietary dynamic pricing and ordering engine is designed to make quoting and ordering parts as easy as printing a document.
"With Print3D we are taking an additional step towards democratizing access to affordable, safe and viable 3D content-to-print solutions for professionals and consumers alike," said Cathy Lewis Vice President Global Marketing 3D Systems.
The company plans to commercialize Print3D as a complementary custom parts service to its Quickparts(R) and 3Dproparts(TM) services and to leverage this technology to create new user tools and utilities for its entire menus of services.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments