New tools for time-dependent solutions and discrete Fourier transform headline latest version of Tecplot, Inc.’s engineering plotting software.
BELLEVUE, WA — Tecplot, Inc. has released the 2011 version of Tecplot Focus, the company’s engineering plotting software. This latest release offers enhanced support for unsteady analysis solutions, including new tools for time-dependent solutions, discrete Fourier transform (DFT), additional animation formats, plus a number of new general analysis tools and usability enhancements.
“The increasing use of unsteady simulations is one of the most dramatic trends in the industry today, thanks to low-cost, more powerful computers,” said Mike Peery, CEO and president of Tecplot, Inc. “The newest version of Tecplot Focus has been created to help our users take full advantage of this trend.”
Tecplot Focus is engineering plotting software designed to help users quickly plot, analyze and communicate engineering and test data. Enhancements to the 2011 version include:
More analysis tools for time-dependent solutions, including DFT. A variety of new tools and options have been added to address challenges associated with unsteady analysis simulations: one-dimensional DFT; a Time Series Probe that allows users to examine how a variable changes over time; an Integrate by Time Strands option making it easier to inspect integrated values over time; the new Time Marker option gives users the ability to visualize the current time step on the XY line plot; and the fully-integrated Time Linking feature allows users to step through and animate a solution time across frames.
New general analysis tools and usability enhancements. General tools and enhancements include: new color maps and 3D Multi-frames for quick tiling of the primary preset XY, YZ, and XZ views. Optional new tools for Distribution Plots and Compare XY Maps.” In addition to Flash (SWF) and AVI, the 2011 versions now support the export of animations to MPEG-4, Windows Media Video (WMV), and Flash Video (FLV) animation formats.
Platforms and pricing
Tecplot Focus 2011 is available for 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Vista, and XP; 32- and 64-bit versions of Mac OS X; and 64-bit Linux systems. Pricing starts at $1,500 in the U.S. for a single-user perpetual license. Tecplot Focus users with current SMS agreements can upgrade to the latest version at no cost.
Apr 7, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel